Protect Your Rights And Seek Compensation For Medical Bills And Lost Wages After Being Involved In An Automobile Accident

If you were a passenger in a colleague's vehicle and were involved in an automobile accident, due to the fact that the driver was speeding, it is imperative that you protect your rights and seek compensation for medical bills and lost wages that you have incurred. The following tips will assist you while attempting to get your life back on track.

Consult With An Accident Attorney

Use an attorney referral service to assist with finding a local attorney who can meet with you for an initial consultation. If you were injured severely during the accident and are immobilized, request that an attorney meet with you at your home. If you are not able to afford an attorney's fees, request a payment plan or obtain an attorney through a legal aid firm.

Provide your attorney with details leading up to the accident, such as whether the driver was paying attention to other traffic, the speed that the vehicle was traveling, and the location of another vehicle or structure that the driver hit due to their reckless behavior.

Give your lawyer information about your medical prognosis and the length of time that it may take you to heal. Stay in touch with your attorney on a consistent basis and update them on any impending changes concerning your health.

Obtain Medical Files And Seek A Second Opinion

If you were treated for your injuries at a hospital, ask the head doctor who cared for your needs if you can have a copy of your medical records. Any x-rays or scans that were taken prior to being treated can be given to your attorney so that they can present the evidence during a court hearing. If you do not believe that your medical needs are being met properly or if you are wary about receiving surgery to assist with the healing process, seek a second opinion from another doctor.

Detailed information about your health will help a judge decide if you are worthy of monetary compensation that will assist with recovering. A second opinion from another doctor will ensure that you are educated about your condition, allowing you to make important decisions concerning your recovery.

Keep Records And Apply For Benefits

Keep track of wages that you have lost by not being able to currently perform your job duties. If your job offers you a leave of absence that is paid, fill out paperwork necessary to validate the agreement and keep in touch with your employer so that they are aware of your medical status and the date that you will be able to return to work.

Another option is to ask your lawyer if they can help you fill out paperwork that would allow you to receive disability payments for a temporary period. Money that is obtained will help you maintain your household and handle financial obligations in a timely matter and will reduce stress that you may have been experiencing due to experiencing a financial crisis..

For more information, talk to a company like Helfand, David PA